Terms & Conditions
- While we aim to ensure that all prices, and pictorial and textual specifications are correct, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as practicable. If the error is to your detriment, we will give you the option of confirming your order at the revised terms or cancelling it partially or completely. If the error is to your benefit, we will have the option, in our complete discretion, of cancelling your order, completely or in part for the items concerned. If we are unable to contact you or you do not respond, we will cancel your order.
Quality and Availability
- We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. We therefore operate thorough Quality Control and checking procedures prior to dispatching your goods.
- Goods are subject to availability. If any item you have ordered is not available, we will inform you as soon as practicable, giving you the option of delivery of the available items, or cancellation of your order.
- Payment can be made by Debit or Credit Cards including Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Visa Electron, Switch and Solo. Your payments are processed by Sage Pay and we never see or receive your card details. We take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, however, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
- Goods ordered from and/or delivered by us remain the property of Batteries Direct until fully paid.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order at our sole discretion. You are then entitled to a full refund of any amounts already paid.
Suitability of product
- The goods we supply do not present a hazard to health and safety when properly used for the purpose for which they are designed; and if you take reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
- Please use only the batteries recommended for your equipment by the manufacturer of your equipment. Even batteries generally deemed to be compatible may work in a subtly different way in a particular device. We offer a broad range of batteries so that you can purchase the right one. We are not responsible for damage to your equipment caused by your use of the wrong type of battery.
- Sometimes the product specifications from the manufacturer may change or a product is temporarily unavailable or is superseded by a newer product. In such a case we will attempt to offer you a substitute of the same or better specification at the same price. If you are not happy with the replacement you can return it in accordance with our 30-day money back guarantee.
- In the event that a product develops a fault or that the fault becomes apparent after 30 days of purchase, please contact us so that we may arrange for the rectification of the fault under the Manufacturers Guarantee. We will not be liable for the costs of postage & packaging of returned defective goods after 30 days.
- Our liability shall in all cases be limited to the total value of any order placed.
- We have selected our products on the basis that they will be used for household / domestic use only. If your purchase is for business use, please ensure that you are covered by appropriate insurance.
Website and computer compatability
- We do not guarantee that this website will be compatible with your computer equipment.
- We do not accept liability for any corruption or loss of data held thereon and similarly we will not be held liable for any other loss or damage of any kind caused to your computer equipment resulting from the use of this website.
Transfer of rights
- We may transfer our rights under this agreement to third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, the collection of payments due for your purchases.
- Should payment for your order remain outstanding or be refused after initial authorisation or returned in any other way, you indemnify us against the resonable costs and expenses of obtaining payment in full. This includes, but is not limited to, interest on the amount outstanding, our extra administrative costs for payment collection, and related bank charges levied against us.
- We confirm transactions, dispatches, etc. and send all other notices by email to the email address that you provide. It is your responsibility to ensure that the details you provide are correct, and that your mailbox will accept messages from us. We are not responsible for the delay or loss of messages due to filtering technology, resource limits or issues with your ISP or email software.
- Our copy of an email sent to you will be "proof" of delivery of the message.
- To order goods from this website you must be 18 years of age, or older.
- The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
- We may change these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notification to you. Any changes will only apply to future orders. This version applies to orders placed starting from 01:00, London time, February 6th, 2015.
Your statutory rights are unaffected.